Psychosocial Rehabilitative Services (PSR) meet in daily, supportive group settings that will enable individuals who participate to build the skills they need to thrive in their daily lives by teaching and supporting the social skills needed for independent living and effective life management.
The PSR program is designed to assist individuals to learn new ways of overcoming the impact of psychiatric symptoms, engaging with their communities, and getting the support they need. PSR program focuses on helping individuals with serious mental illness to gain/regain the independent living, social, and communication skills necessary to support them to remain in community settings.
Group activities include the development and maintenance of necessary daily living skills, such as:
- Food planning and preparation
- Money management
- Maintenance of the living environment
- Development of problem-solving techniques
- Social/interpersonal skills
- Medication education
- Symptom management
The PSR program is a place where participants are encouraged to become supporters, to empower each other, and instill hope about their own unique recovery paths.
If you or someone you know:
- Is experiencing chronic and severe psychiatric conditions
- Needs assistance in restoring skills for independent living in the community
- Is experiencing mental health/co-occurring symptoms and needs ongoing assistance
- Lacks a supportive environment and resources needed to reach recovery goals
Please contact a member of Apalachee Center’s staff to inquire about getting enrolled in our PSR groups.