Billing, Financial Assistance, and Quality Information
Apalachee Center, Inc. Financial Policy
Apalachee Center, Inc. dba Eastside Psychiatric Hospital (EPH) is committed to meeting the behavioral health care needs of the community. As a not-for-profit system, EPH provides non-elective services to patients without regard to financial status or ability to pay. At the same time, EPH relies on income from patients to reinvest in clinical programs aimed at promoting the health of the community. We ask that you cooperate in meeting your financial obligation to EPH. However, if you anticipate any difficulty in paying your hospital bill, or if you would like to apply for financial assistance as outlined below, please contact
Insurance and Billing
2634 Capital Circle N. E.
Tallahassee, Florida 32308
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Service bundles are non-personalized estimates of costs that may be incurred for hospital services and include all components of care, such as physician, ancillary, and hospital payments. Actual costs will be based on services actually provided and may be more or less than the estimates found on FloridaHealthPriceFinder.com. For information on service bundles, please visit FloridaHealthPriceFinder.com. The cost for services will not be higher than the amount generally billed for similar services. If you would like to receive a personalized estimate, please contact a representative at (850) 523-3262.
Price Transparency – Price Lists
The listed prices are estimates. It does not include your out-of-pocket expenses. Your expenses will vary, based on your insurance coverage and policies.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD STANDARD PRICING (effective date 7/1/2022)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD SHOPPABLE SERVICES PRICING (effective date 2/1/2023)
What Happens After I Receive Services At EPH?
Once you receive services, charges will be entered into your account based on the services you received. These charges will be based on amounts generally billed to private insurance carriers for inpatient behavioral health services, as well as government payors such as Medicare and Medicaid. If you provided insurance information at the time of service, a claim will be submitted to your insurance company. Once your insurance company has processed the claim, you will receive a statement for any patient balance due. If you have questions when you receive your statement, please contact Insurance and Billing. If you are unable to pay in full, a payment plan may be established. If you are unable to make any payment, you may qualify for financial assistance, as outlined below.
What Types of Insurance Does EPH Accept?
Eastside Psychiatric Hospital accepts a wide variety of insurances. If EPH is a participating provider and you are a Member of a commercial insurance program, a Medicaid managed care organization, or a Medicare Advantage Plan, your payor will receive a discount based on its contract with EPH. Any amount indicated as patient responsibility will be billed to you after insurance payment. If EPH is not contracted with your insurance company, you will be responsible for any amount not paid by your plan. Remember that your plan is a contract between you and your insurance company. We will make every effort to bill your insurance and work with your insurance company, however, you are ultimately responsible for your bill with EPH.
Please note that hospitals may not be included in all health plan product offerings. Please check with your insurance company for more information.
In addition to commercial insurance plans, EPH participates in Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, and other government-sponsored programs. Regardless of the type of coverage, please be sure to provide an insurance card at admission so a claim may be submitted to your plan. If we are not notified of your insurance at the time of service, penalties may be applied for late notification. It is your responsibility to ensure we have accurate, current insurance information on file. If you need to provide insurance information after service, please contact Billing and Insurance.
Commercial Insurance, Medicaid Managed Care, and Medicare Advantage Plans Accepted
Please see the list below of insurance plans accepted at Eastside Psychiatric Hospital. If you do not see your insurance plan listed, please call us at 850-523-3262 to see if we accept your plan.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Florida
- Capital Health Plan
- ChoiceCare (Humana)
- Cigna Healthcare of Florida
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- CMS Medicaid
- Humana Military (Tricare)
- Magellan Behavioral Health
- New Directions Behavioral Health
- Oscar Behavioral Health
- Prestige Health Choice
- Private Healthcare Systems
- Simply Health Plans
- Sunshine Health Plans
- United Behavioral Health
- United HealthCare of Florida
- Value Options
- WellCare Health Plans
What If I Don’t Have Insurance?
Eastside Psychiatric Hospital provides medically-necessary services to patients without regard to their ability to pay. If you do not have insurance, you may receive a discount, which will be reflected on your first statement. You may also be eligible for financial assistance. We have representatives available to assist you with managing your hospital bill. Please contact Insurance and Billing with any questions.
Hospital-Sponsored Financial Assistance Program
The Hospital Sponsored Financial Assistance Program (FAP) is available for uninsured and underinsured patients. The FAP is a free care and sliding scale discount program based on the patient’s family income and household size. Uninsured and underinsured patients with family incomes at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG) are eligible for 100% charity. Uninsured and underinsured patients with family incomes between 200-300% of the FPG are eligible for discounted care that will be determined by household income and family size.
Financial Assistance Program Application Process
- The Inpatient Financial Assistance Application will be used as the application form for the process.
- One witnessed signature is required on the application (the patient, guardian, or legal representative).
- Proof of income will be required for approval.
- All FAP applications and records will be scanned and retained for a minimum of 3 years.
Forms and Policies
- Non-medically necessary services, without extenuating circumstancesThe following websites include quality measures that are reported to the public by organizations such as the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration.
- Medicare Hospital Compare Data (U.S. Department of Health & Human Services)
- Florida Compare Care Hospital Data (Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration)
- Florida Hospital Association’s Mission to Care
- FloridaHealthPriceFinder.com (Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration) Your feedback is very important to us. If you have a question, concern, or complaint about the quality of care you or a family member receives at EPH, we encourage you to speak directly to the department or unit that was involved in the situation you are concerned about. However, if you prefer to discuss your concerns with a third party, the following options are available to you.
Questions, Concerns, and Complaints
- Patient Safety Officer – Apalachee Center has a Patient Safety Officer who will listen to concerns and explore possible courses of action for resolving your issue. The Patient Safety Officer can be reached at (850) 523-3245.
- Florida Agency for Health Care Administration
- The Joint Commission
For Additional Information
Please contact Billing and Insurance with any questions regarding the Financial Assistance Program. Normal business hours are 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Billing and Insurance
EPH Business Office
2634 Capital Circle N.E.
Tallahassee, Florida 32308